This may not be the best list of things that offend me, but it is what is on my mind at the moment. So, tomorrow, I may have a new list. But, for now, this is it.
Really Loud People
I hate it when people talk really loud on purpose. I mean I understand if someone is deaf and must speak up to even hear themselves speak. But, talking loud just because you think what you have to say is the most important thing that people need to hear at the moment offends me. Even people like me who prefer not to talk loud (except in the classroom) have important things to say. And, gosh, sometimes we are right even if we do not talk louder and above everyone else.
When Someone Tries to Shove Their View of the World, Life, or just about any other opinion they have down my throat
I am 33 years old (last time I checked) and I really do not care what you think about some things. Please do not try to convince me that your way is right, because I am pretty set in my ways to be this young so do me a favor and go share your views of the world with well............. a tree. Of course, I am telling you all of this on my blog........ but I figure you wouldn't be here right now, if you didn't want to be entertained with this list. And, I am trying to be honest.
People who do not commit
As a teacher, I have seen more than my fair share of those who do not show up for practices, plays, programs, etc. and believe me....... it messes everything up. While you are out whistling Dixie, someone somewhere is taking up your slack! One thing I believe we need to be passing on to the next generation is that number 1.... if you have something that you are expected to show up for...... please do. and 2. Life is not always a bed of roses. There will be so many programs, plays, etc. you do not want to do, but I promise you it prepares you for a job one day........ the one in which you may not want to show up for one day because it's not exactly fun, but you do it anyway............. I think it's called integrity, reliabiliity, or responsibility......... I forget!
G.D.
Pick any curse word you want, but please do not take the Lord's name in vain. If he wants to damn anyone or whatever, let Him do it, not you. Or, are you damning HIM? How very brave of you! I would be shaking in my shoes.
Widescreen, Blue Ray, Flat Screen, well......... any new thing
Yes, I like new things, but why is it that every time I buy something new, within a year (or so it seems) they come out with new and even better products. Then, there's the catch........., you must go buy this other new thing so the other new thing will work. I hate widescreen........ I am still using regular old televisions at my house. I guess when we do have to buy a flatscreen, then my entertainment centers will have to be fixed to accomodate the new televisions. This madness never ends. Seems like yesterday, I was sitting in my mom's thunderbird punching the buttons of the 8-track player. Now, I am riding around with an Ipod.
Frontal assaults
Since I am a slow learner, I hate it when I am blindsided in life. I really cannot take in a frontal assault from anyone without being totally confused. It makes me feel like I have been in a car wreck when someone walks up to me and starts talking to me about a million things and expects me to answer them. I am sorry..... I am not wired for conflicts. Some people thrive on conflict. Not me, I am still standing there thinking what was THAT all about? Seriously, I ponder these things for days!
Really Loud Music and People Who Curse at McDonald's
O.k. I must explain........... Just because you love Soulja Boy doesn't mean everyone in the Double Quik parking lot does. I personally prefer something else, but do you hear me blasting my speakers? NO! And, I hate to walk in places like McDonald's, particulary with my children, and some idiot is standing there saying curse words every other breath. And, yeah, it's usually those good ole four letter words. If I wasn't scared I would get shot, I would say something. But, I do love me!
Last, and so very LEAST........
Our President......... He just offends me!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
I empathize with you. These things really offend me, too. We have a serious problem with respect and responsibility in our society.
ReplyDeleteI will continue to pray about your decision with your job. God will put you where He wants you.
Take care. Have a blessed, peaceful weekend.
In Christ's Love,
Andrea
Are you speaking of commitment with our play? Because our play and the commitment with people is offensive to me right now.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend!!!