Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hot Cocoa Roses..........

The other day while I was shopping at the garden center, these two rose bushes caught my eye. About 7 years ago, I had a beautiful rose bed, but when the pool was built, yep........ the workers destroyed my rose bed. Actually, I think they may have sat the rose bushes to the side with about 9 million tons of dirt around the roots. Who the heck can replant something like that? I love rose bushes even though they must be pruned, sprayed, and fertilized often. Well, at least, the spraying has to be done quite often, especially after a rain. So, anyway........ these two rose bushes are a pretty color of red. It is kind of a red/brown mix. They are a Jackson & Perkins Rose named "Hot Cocoa". They don't really look like Hot Cocoa........ but I love the color.
Also, I planted some knockout roses around my pool last year. They are gynormous......... and the great thing about these is that they require little maintenance, unlike regular roses. I plan to plant some more knockout varieties. Mama told me that this year they are offering knockout roses in yellow and also, white. I love yellow roses........ they are indeed my favorite. I also love the red Jackson & Perkins rose named Mr. Lincoln. Nanny always had at least 5 or 6 Mr. Lincoln's planted around the side of her house when I was growing up. If you fertilize them, the bloom will be gigantic, and I am so not exaggerating.


Sorry if this post is boring you to tears, but today has been the first day that I have been able to have some "Me" time......... to do whatever Jennifer wanted to do........ which was getting outside in this beautiful weather and working in the yard. I cut some irises, roses, some branches off my bottle bush and placed them in a vase. I need to divide and move some daylilies around too.


Tomorrow is opening night for the Senior Play. I think it has turned out to be a really cute play. I hope everyone enjoys it, but I for one am glad it's coming to an end. I had this same sentiment last year. It is just tons of work. In fact, I guess everything at school year's end is just tons of work and most of all, hectic. I know we all are ready for the school year to come to a close. I was going through my "Graduation" binder today, looking to see what all has to be done before Graduation. I had such a strange feeling reading last year's speeches..........my how time flies.


I hope you all have a great weekend if I do not get to post in the next couple of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...