We are still working on the Senior Play. I am truly ready for it to be over. In fact, I am ready for school to be out for summer. It's time to enjoy spending time with family, to watch some baseball, and hopefully rest up for another year in the trenches.
Sometimes I wonder if I chose the right profession. I really believe I could be happy in a small office somewhere, preferably with a picture window. I would stare out this window everyday and watch the world go by.
I understand perfectly why Jesus chose to sometimes be silent before His accusers....... how do you argue with people who are completely wrong? It just doesn't work, so being silent is best. That is actually the best advice I have heard in a long time. We live in a time period now where everything we say and do as Christians is being analyzed by everyone. We do not realize the impact our words have on others and that sometimes even if we have the best intentions, people will turn our words around to suit their own meaning. So, I am trying so hard these days to be silent. Sometimes I catch myself caught up in entanglements before I even know it because Satan is so tricky.
I think I may be singing a solo in church soon. I am already contemplating what song to sing. I always do this........ take it way too serious.
Dwayne is supposed to be the New Year baby in the elementary's school program. He found out he might have to wear a depends diaper and immediately started trying to figure out a way out of it. He even told his teacher he thought he had a ballgame on the date so he wouldn't be able to be in the program. I told him that even if you have to wear a diaper in a program, you still should not lie to get out of it. His teacher has now decided that he can just wear a suit. He likes that much better.
I would love to have another baby. As the years fly by, I am finding that I am only getting older and older. (yes, really..... the thought just hit me) But, I know that Brookie is dead set against it so I guess I will wait another 15-20 years for a grandchild. Oh well............
I have been thinking of Louise Beckwith all day....... God rest her soul. I loved that woman. She was such a hoot! And, such a simple, old soul. (Remember, I love simple) She had this sign that hung in her kitchen that said, "Please Lord, Help Me Keep My Big Mouth Shut". I think one of her daughters painted it and gave it to her. Louise was always one to speak her mind. I loved that about her. She had a yard full of chickens and some of the prettiest flowers blooming there too. Louise always hung up lights on her porch to celebrate various holidays other than Christmas, including Easter and the Fourth of July. She just enjoyed life and most of all, she enjoyed her family. Not many people know that she took care of many people other than her family members by feeding them meals and checking on them. She truly was an angel.
Ok........... time to head to bed.
What I Am Listening To: I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment